Italian Fettuccine Pie
Prep Time:30 min
Start to Finish:1 hr 10 min
1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef (I used 1 lb)
1 small onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup) ( no onion for me- allergic)
1 can (8 oz) stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce (2 cans of this)
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
6 oz uncooked fettuccine
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz) ( I used more in the noodles and I put some on top.)
1 cup small-curd cottage cheese
1 cup Green Giant® frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, or chopped fresh broccoli (Next time I make it I will leave off the broccoli- it was ok, but did not really go in my opinion.)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese ( I used more on top.)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat. Cover; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package.
3. In medium bowl, beat one of the eggs and the butter. Stir in fettuccine and mozzarella cheese. In ungreased 9-inch quiche dish or pie plate, spoon and press mixture evenly in bottom and up side of dish.
4. In small bowl, mix cottage cheese and remaining egg; spread over fettuccine mixture in dish. Sprinkle with broccoli. Spoon beef mixture evenly over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until hot in center. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.