Friday, July 11, 2008

Pray for Your Children

Like most parents, who are believers in Christ, I want to pray for my children. I especially want to pray scripture over them. There are many books out there that can help you do that- but I am not promoting any book. I did come across this article that I found encouraging. The Bible is full of scripture that we can pray over our children. I am not talking about the "health, wealth, and prosperity gospel" prayers. I am talking about scriptures to pray for their souls, thoughts, dreams, protection, maturity, obedience, and attitudes.

Many of these are the same scriptures that we should/could be praying for ourselves. We should pray not just when our children are in trouble or need, but daily pray for them. I just want to encourage all parents to pray for their children. You will have to change the wording a little and include your child's name- but pray the meaning of the scripture for them and over them. 

Here is an example: Colossians 3:20 "Lord please help____ to obey us in everything for this is pleasing to you. Help him to want to please you in all things, especially through his obedience to us. He is struggling with ____. Please change his heart and guide him into obedience."

I have listed a few scriptures below to help get you started.

Obedience:

Love:

Other:

No comments: