I usually do not make dessert, but I love cheesecake. I found this recipe and thought it looked easy enough. It was so good! I got it out of a Family Circle magazine and then found it on-line HERE. Enjoy!! (Sorry I forgot to take a picture-next time.)
Makes: 12 servings Chill: 4 hours
Prep: 15 minutes
Bake: at 325 degrees F for 10 minutes; at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes
2 cups soft macaroon cookie crumbs
3 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1-1/2 Tbs. lemon juice
1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
3 Tbs. seedless raspberry jam
1 Tbs. milk chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Crust: Combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Wrap foil around bottom of pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 10 minutes. Coolon a wire rack. Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
3. Filling: In a medium-size bowl, beat cream cheese, egg, sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
4. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips over the bottom of the cooled crust and spread the cheese mixture evenly over the chips.
5.Topping: Heat raspberry jam gently, until just liquid enough to drizzle over the top. Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon of chips over the top. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes or until filling is set.
6. Remove cheesecake to wire rack and cool completely. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours until completely chilled. To serve, remove from refrigerator, let stand 15 minutes, then remove side of pan.