Monday, June 11, 2007

Becoming Jane

We rented The Queen last night. It was a good movie. I am not sure how much of it was true, but the acting was good. That is all besides the point. One of the previews last night was for a new movie. I was very interested to see that they are making a movie about Jane Austen called Becoming Jane. It looked like it was going to be good. It will be interesting to see if her life was similar to that of her characters. The movie comes out August 2007. We will see if it is any good! I have not read much about Jane, but have read many of her works! I hope I am not disappointed.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I did a biography on Jane Austen one time. I was surprised to find out that she never married. Some say it was because she didn't want to have children, and celibacy was her best option for birth control.

If you're interested in movies about authors, you should check out "Miss Potter." My mom and I saw it in the $2.50 theater last weekend. It's wonderful. A film about the life of Beatrix Potter. Renee Zellweger and Ewan McGregor are both in it. Definitely worth seeing.

mrsidotf said...

Thanks. I thought about seeing Miss Potter. We will have to rent it!