Friday, June 1, 2007

Our Citizenship

There are times that I get disheartened by what I see going on around me in the world, or even in my own life. But what great comfort the Word brings to me. Reminding me that I am not home yet and encouraging me to keep my eyes on Christ.

Philippians 3:17-19 Brothers, join in imitating me, and keep your eyes on those who walk according to the example you have in us. For many, of whom I have often told you and now tell you even with tears, walk as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their end is destruction, their god is their belly, and they glory in their shame, with minds set on earthly things.

I am just awaiting that glorious day when my Savior, Jesus Christ, returns to take me home. My lowly body will be transformed and made glorious just like His. I will be complete! But I am also reminded that He is in control of what is going on around me. All things are under subjection to Him, by His power.

Philippians 3:20-21 But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself.

No comments: